Being born again and spirit led doesn’t mean that you get exempted from the trials and whirlwinds of life. I can tell you that the moment l decided to truly walk out my salvation all hell broke loose. I was like wow, how is it that when l am trying to do right and l get more trials. It’s because the moment you start living for God you are a threat to the devil and he will fight you.
Today l want to talk about Trusting in the Lord. See, because you are a child of God you will face situations that will rob you of joy, discourage you, hard times that will shake you. The only way to survive these times is to put your trust in God.
Trust is defined as having a firm belief in the ability, the reliability, the truth of someone or something.
So when we say we trust God we are saying “Lord we believe in your reliability, in your truthfulness and abilities, we are confident in your word. We will not fear or worry.
From age old in the bible we see men and women who walked fearlessly because they trusted God. David faced Goliath, he escaped swords from Saul, he slaughtered lions because of his unshaken Trust in God.
We used to sing a song at Sunday school
” Trust and Obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey”…
- How profound this ☝🏽song has been to me now when l find myself in situations when: no one understands me, when friends are few, when my heart is broken, when l can’t face life, when l don’t understand what is going on,when words come against me, when weapons are lodged against me…
I decide to lean not on my understanding, and totally Trust in him.. It’s not easy but keep relying on God. I hope this encourages you, l needed this today..
Here are some verses to encourage you;
- Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding;
- Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.
- Psalms 37:3 Trust in the Lord and do good dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture..