Have you ever made a mistake?
The definition of a mistake include an act that is wrong. I would love to not make mistakes but sometimes it is inevitable.
The best thing you can do is recover and learn from your mistakes.
The devil uses mistakes to distract us, to condemn us and to discourage us. His aim is to Steal our confidence in God, to kill our relationship with God and to destroy what God is trying to build in you.
- Condemn myself and blame myself
- Remove myself from everything (guilt)
- Then my prayer life reduces (my relationship with God suffers).
Now that l have studied this pattern l know that it is a work of the enemy! To distract me from what God is doing. God doesn’t want that for me. Instead he calls me closer to Him.
So what then do we do when we realise our actions were wrong? Who better to learn from than David himself. (2 Samuel 12:13), (Ps 51:10)
Steps to take when you have made a mistake
- Confess your sins, tell God what you have done. Don’t try to blame, accept that you were wrong.
- Ask for forgiveness , ask God for forgiveness, if you wronged someone ask them for forgiveness.
- Receive your forgiveness, this step is important because if you don’t believe in your heart that God has forgiven you, condemnation will take hold of you..
- Learn from your mistakes. It’s important to know that you’re not your mistakes. That’s not who you are, Mistakes have no place in defining you. But we can use them as a learning tool.
Ask yourself why you behaved that way?
How can you avoid this in the future ?
5. Keep on Keeping on 😄. Don’t shrink back. Continue doing what God has called you to do. The devil would like you to stop.
Press on , Feed your soul with the word of God. Spend time with God.
I pray that this encourages you!
God loves you 💖